Getting local food Into the hands of those that need it most
"I really love fresh garden items but lack my own green thumb. This program is awesome because I don't have think about trying new veggies because they are there already. My kids really enjoyed the fresh carrots and were really interested in what the items were. They enjoyed them all. I shared some radishes with my grandma and she was tickled to get some garden ones since they don't keep up a garden anymore. I really think this program is great." - Janice, Veggie Basket Customer
You can make local food more available, affordable, and accessible!
With your donation, you help make positive cooking experiences with local, farm fresh vegetables like Janice's possible.
You can help get even more food grown and produced by local farmers and ranchers right here in Campbell County, WY into the hands of the children and families that need it most by supporting the Edible Prairie Project.
- Multi-Farm Veggie Baskets bring locally grown produce to everyone through our innovative “pay-what-you-can” pricing structure
- Gillette Little Free Pantries – a network of upcycled newspaper dispensers placed in our city parks - contain food and personal care items that any member of our community can access at any time
- Summer Weekend Meals for Kids provides kid-friendly and nutritious weekend food packages to children each weekend during summer break, and we make sure that kids have fresh, local veggie options
- Free Garden Kits are provided to families in need that would like to grow their own edible garden at home
- Gleaning involves collecting leftover produce from local farmers fields that we donate to local food banks
- Edible Garden Planting - we work with local social service agencies to plant edible gardens for their clients to enjoy
Together, we can get even more local into the hands of the children and families that need it most so that we can build a more fair, resilient, and LOCAL community food system.